Friday, January 25, 2013

Calling Me Home...

So far I am 40% in. I like this book a lot. So far I find Julie Kibler to be a pretty good writer. Initially, the synopsis of this book makes it seem like this may be geared towards the romance genre but I would categorize it more along the lines of women's literature. I am a fan of intelligent chick-lit. When I say intelligent chick-lit I mean books that actually make you think. Books where the main protagonist isn't a complete flake are on my preferred list. I have read my share of the love-struck, ditzy, flimsy female-lead and I enjoy her... to an extent. So far, Kibler has made brought together two very different women, from completely different walks of life and has made it work. I mention this because their friendship does not seemed forced nor their actions stilted. I can't wait to see where their journey from Texas to Cincinnati takes their relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment