Tuesday, February 12, 2013

All Hail the Almighty Prophet!

I am currently 40% in The Prophet by Ethan Cross. It reads exactly like it predecessor. The chapters are short, fast paced, action filled, and informing. I like this book! Cross manages to hold my attention and keep me wondering what's going to happen next. The serial killer Anarchist, is just as heinous as Ackerman from The Shepard. He abducts women and gives them adrenaline to stay awake through the painful torture of death by fire. The theme of these books have consistently been about good and evil, light and dark, balance and imbalance. Marcus Williams needs these characters as much as they need him. They are the yin to each other's yang. Ackerman is still heavily present in this book so far. He constantly taunts Marcus and reminds the reader why it's important to have read the book. I'm still looking to find what their tethering source is to each other but until then I'll read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment