Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Fifth Assassin...

I am really enjoying this novel. It's a lot more interesting than the first Beecher White of the series, The Inner Circle. Although I did not hate The Inner Circle, I did feel like it was slow at times and did not help itself when it ended with a sort of cliff hanger. Thankfully, Meltzer left that book the way it is because it allows followers of the series to dive right in. There aren't too many introductions necessary but the reader is getting a little more character development. By The Fifth Assassin, we already know who we need to watch out for and who our heros may be. The one thing I still find a little annoying is Beecher. He's an extremely intelligent guy but he makes a lot of rookie mistakes. I guess that helps to buikd suspense but after awhile, Meltzer's audience is going to get hip to it. At 40% in, I can't wait to find out what's going to happen next or which secret society is going to prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment