Monday, July 15, 2013

Review: Before Watchmen: Comedian/Rorschach by Brian Azzarello





I'll begin with my negative for Mr. Brian Azzarello which is that this comic was too damn short. I'm a huge fan of Watchmen so when given the opportunity by DC Comics to read and review I was beyond excited. Before Watchmen: Comedian/Rorschach is exactly what it's named. It follows some key moments in our two anti-heros pasts such as Comedian's time in Vietnam and a time during Rorscach's life that really humanized him. Actually there are moments in both accounts that bring out the human side of both these seemingly crazy, deranged, masked crime fighters.


I wish I could go into more detail but I do not want to spoil anything for future readers who may read this review. I will note that the graphics are gorgeous, the story very well written, and I can't wait to read the rest in this Before Watchmen series. As mentioned earlier I was ecstactic to be given an opportunity to read this. Comedian and (especially) Rorschach are the two who breathe life to the whole Watchmen crew, at least for me. Very well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment