Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Frozen Solid by James M. Tabor

I begin work today on Frozen Solid by James M. Tabor. The blurbs claim that fans of Brad Thor or James Rollins will really enjoy Tabor's work.  I haven't read either author so I can't make that same assessment, nor will I. Although I am excited to be reading this latest novel by Tabor, I wish it's setting was more tropical and less cold. Here in Illinios our winter has decided to stay around a little longer and stall the arrival of Spring. It's always nice to escape to some other climate via a good book. I guess I can be thankful that I'm not enduring 65 degrees below zero temperatures like our heroine Hallie Leland. This isn't the first novel that Tabor has written featuring Hallie and I regret that I'm not able to read Deep Zone at this time because I really find authors usually supply a lot of character insight via the first book in a series that is why it's always a great idea to begin with them. Let's Read!






Synopsis: An international group of scientists known as Triage believes that overpopulation is dooming the planet, causing climate change, water scarcity, famine, pandemics, and more. For civilization to survive, the scientists conclude that the earth’s population must be reduced—drastically and without delay. But killing is not part of their agenda. Instead, they will genetically engineer and disseminate a common virus that is really a carrier for something much more sinister.


After the mysterious death of a colleague, microbiologist Hallie Leland is dispatched to the South Pole to continue her friend’s research. What she uncovers are alarming details of Triage’s plot, which pits her against forces more terrible than she could have imagined. Now, in one of earth’s loneliest and most treacherous places, where high altitude and extreme environmental conditions can play tricks on the mind, Hallie finds that she has only five days to stop the shocking plan from taking hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment