Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer



Nothing can bring me more joy than finally starting The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer. It is the second in the Clifton Chronicles series. The first book, Only Time Will Tell left readers with the shock of their lives when our protagonist Harry Clifton, using an alias, is arrested in New York using that new alias. Tom Bradshaw is the name of one of the men he's met onbard a navy ship before it is sunk by a German U-boat. Having read Only Time Will Tell has already laid the backstory to how and why Harry is running from his perils in Britain in hopes of a better future. Unable to marry the woman he loves Emma Barrington, Harry feels his only choice is to start again by taking the name of newly deceased Tom Bradshaw. The only problem is that Bradshaw's name is accompanied with the accusation of murder which is far worse than his own history.


I have won this book through a Goodreads giveaway but would have gladly bought it eventually. I am a huge fan of Archer. From the moment I opened, then closed Kane & Abel,  I vowed that I'd be a loyal fan and so far I have been. I hadn't gotten around to buying this for myself and was happy that I'd received news that I won it. After having devoured it's predecessor, I am anxious to see what's next for Harry Clifton. Archer's writing is rather simplistic, not in a dumbed-down, but rather approachable way. If someone is looking for an engrossing read that riddled with classic themes and great characters, he is the go to. I look forward to reading the Best Kept Secret  once I have my hands on it which is the third book in the Clifton Chronicles. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Let's Read!

2 comments:

  1. Quite a fascinating book. When I bought the book, I thought that the two part book is of different stories. so when I finished one book, I was dumbstruck at the abrupt end but on taking up the second one, I was fascinated by the storytelling prowess of Jeffrey Archer. Very fast and very well conceived story line, straddling the life of Harry Clifton. The intrigue and the wait of how the Author will solve the imbroglio is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Shayari. I love your insightful post. I agree with you completely. As soon as I have the final installment on hand I look forward to seeing how the Clifton chronicles unfolds. It should be pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete