Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Review: The Other Mrs. by Mary Kubica

The Other Mrs.

When I started The Other Mrs., I wasn't prepared to get drawn into the story the way that I had. Mary Kubica hooked me and before long, I found myself stealing any free minute to continue with this twisted, psychological thriller.

Sadie and Will Foust move their family from the hustle and bustle of Chicago to a quiet, small-town in Maine. Sadie begrudgingly moves with Will after his sister commits suicide, leaving him her home and sixteen-year old daughter. The situation is less than ideal to begin with and even less so once news of a murder makes its rounds. We witness Sadie slowly come undone.

The Other Mrs. is definitely a page-turner. Kubica definitely has a way of catching the your attention and refusing to let go until the very last page. This novel is told by a few different narrators and I admit, who they were was quite obvious to me the entire time, I was still surprised by what had yet to be revealed.

I must admit my biggest gripe with The Other Mrs. is how predictable I found much of the novel to be but I HAD to finish the novel. I mean, Kubica laid so many nuggets of suspense and doubt that seeing the plot through was the only option. I feel this may be the case for many others who begin this journey.

Suffice it to say, I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Other Mrs.. Mary Kubica paints a thrilling picture that will haunt readers until the very last page. I recommend this title to lovers of psychological thrillers. The Other Mrs. certainly does not disappoint. ****

No comments:

Post a Comment