Friday, February 8, 2013

Too Evil or Two Evils?

I must be honest, I am not being sucked into this book the way that I thought I would be. The mother/daughter duo are pretty well known and the Monkeewrench series has sold millions of copies. For the life of me I can't yet understand why. Don't get me wrong, the writing is good, the situations are fast paced, but I feel like I'm missing something. I'm only 40% in and but I don't feel much connections yet. Connections to anyone or anything. The only connection I had was the teen who tried to escape captivity only to be killed off in the first few pages. I understand her death was necessary to keep the story moving but Magozzi and Gino are not cutting it for me. This is probably what I get for starting a series so late in the game. This is my own fault...

No comments:

Post a Comment